Links To Assist Moving To the USA
• Cost Of Living in the USA: The cost of living changes from the major cities like New York, Houston, Los Angeles, to beautiful and more rural or remote areas.
• Importing your Antique or Luxury Vehicle: Taxes, vehicle performance standards and licensing are all considerations. You may consider driving the vehicle as you cross the border before your household goods however weather conditions, timing and the need to baby your prized antique all make Bekins handling the shipping more convenient. Let us know about your vehicle and destination. We'll get back to you with help.
A pair of prized Mustangs in their special container, crated for customs inspection and safe arrival. © 2018 ion web works
• USA Visa and Immigration:You need a visa to live and work in the USA and must leave within 6 months if you come as a visitor. The visa required depends on what you want to do when you’re in the USA – visiting, working , getting married or studying.
• Taxation: Though similar the US tax environment is different. Changing your residence for tax purposes means handling the Canadian government charge of departure tax. Further selling your home versus renting it out could have implications to you ongoing taxes you might want to consider. More information here.
• US Health Care: The USA has diverse implications to health care so arranging personal health acre insurance from an private provider will mitigate short term and immediate issues.
• US Education:While equal access to quality education is one of the USA's primary goals it is very much a national issue dependant on national values.