Links To Assist Moving To the EU
• Cost Of Living in the EU: The cost of living in the EU varies greatly between the major cities like London, Paris, Berlin, etc. and the more rural or remote areas such as one would find in Transylvania.
• Importing your Antique or Luxury Vehicle: Each country has local considerations for import duties, VAT, vehicle performance standards and licensing. Usually there is a limited time window on arrival of your belongings that this too must be addressed. Options exist to avoid or reduce taxes when; you have resided outside of the EU for at least the last 12 months, have owned the personal vehicle for the last 6 months there, are bringing the vehicle with your move and will keep the vehicle for at least the next 12 months. Let us know about your vehicle and destination. We'll get back to you with help.
Pre crating checklist for 2018 BMW, with only 21 kilometres on its odometer, going from Canada to Italy. © 2018 ion web works
• European Union Visa and Immigration:You need a visa to live and work in the EU and must leave within 6 months if you come as a visitor. The visa required depends on what you want to do when you’re in the EU – visiting, working , getting married or studying.
• Taxation: THE EU includes a wide variety of tax schemes. Arrange for your destination countries Tax ID Number as soon as possible and expect an extended amount of time until you receive it.
• Health Care: The EU has diverse implications to health care so arranging personal health acre insurance from an private provider will mitigate short term and immediate issues.
• Education:While equal access to quality education is one of the EU's primary goals it is very much a national issue dependant on national values.